Seeking an experienced, high energy, self-starter for our full stack finance and accounting firm client in San Francisco. They help provide accounting and finance services for their emerging growth clients across industries and at all stages of early growth – from zero to $50M in revenue.
The Accounting Manager position is a hands-on role, responsible for accounting functions that include general ledger, accounts payable, payroll and tax compliance. This Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing the general accounting for the organization, assisting with the creation of financial statements and management reporting managing the organization’s cash, and assisting with the creation of departmental budgets and forecasts. Experience with developing and establishing policies and procedures within a corporation is highly preferred. The ideal candidate has experience with early stage start-ups.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Produce Monthly Financials Statements and Budget vs Actuals analysis.
- Assist with financial modeling and forecasting
- Manage Accounts Payable – Duties include ensuring accurate entry, timely payment, and compliance with company policies
- Manage Accounts Receivable – Duties include invoicing, collections, reviewing contracts
- Process on-boarding, payroll and terminations
- Mentor and train team members
- Other duties as needed/assigned
- High energy and enthusiasm, with a strong commitment to exceeding client expectations.
- Flexibility and openness to work on a variety of assignments, industries, and roles.
- Ability to learn quickly, make an immediate impact, and provide value-added service to our clients.
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills, displaying the ability to connect and build relationships with clients, firm leadership, & peers.
- Confidence in professional aptitude and ability to effectively convey skills, knowledge, and qualifications to clients.
- Fast learner with high degree of curiosity
- Team player with a strong desire to be an active, long-term participant in the growth of the Attivo
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for startups and early stage growth companies.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Professional integrity
- Solid understanding of GAAP
- Advanced Excel
- QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, Expensify, Microsoft Excel, Google Apps
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Independent judgement and decision-making
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Process Improvement
- Professional Curiosity and desire to learn
- Business Acumen
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred.
- 6+ years of progressive accounting experience with at least 2 years in a supervisory position.
- Experience working in a fast-paced technology, or professional services environment.