Our client is a well-funded & established Non-profit organization located in San Francisco. We are seeking a Grants Specialist/Manager responsible for ensuring accurate, consistent, and timely accounting and compliance of the organization’s grants, including but not limited to, post award grant accounting, budget modification as well as ensuring compliance with funding source administrative guidelines, timely receipt of revenue, accurate submission of financial and other related reports and grant regulations.
- Track, review, analyze and reconcile all grants related activities to all financials and other related reports as it comes to all federal, state and local grants.
- Maintain information and documents in support of grant related revenues and expenditures to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and other related regulations, statutes, and Generally Accepted
- Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Prepare invoices, JVs, and reports for public and private grants and contracts and ensure deadlines are met.
- Knowledge in temporary restricted asset management, revenue recognition, federal rules & grants management
- Skilled in qualifying expenses to release revenues, processing actual invoicing to government agencies, expenses collections, payroll, allocating salaries, ensuring payment
- Full-cycle Accounts receivable, collections of grant funding data entry of receivables and revenues, with excellent customer service and negotiation skills
- Experience in managing month-end/ quarter-end compliance summary report to funders
- Collaborates with the finance department to prepare reports for funders
- Analyze various grantor revenue and expenditure reports and makes appropriate recommendations to ensure compliance with budgeted projections and grant provisions.
- Manage grant cancellations, amendments, and payment adjustments.
- Support all departments with departmental grant budget projections.
- Prepare monthly payroll allocation entries in relation to grant activities
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, Business, or a related field, and/or any combination of education, training and experience providing.
- Three or more years grant/fund accounting as well as general accounting, compliance experience.
- 3-5+ years of experience in Nonprofit sector
- 3-5+ years of experience in grant writing and grants management
- Experienced in Sage Intacct, Sage 100 or similar ERP systems, and MS Office, Excel (pivot tables, vlook up)
- Skilled in using budgets to support proposals and grants
- Knowledge of general accepted accounting principles including reporting requirements and procedures related to Federal, State, and other related grants, cost accounting, A122 and A133 audit.
- Expertise of principles and practices of contract/grant administration and monitoring and budgeting
- Ability to manage contracts, requirements, policies, and procedures relating to grants, applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to compile and analyze data and prepare summary status reports.