Our Client is $1B in revenue industry-leader in construction specializing in technology buildings, complex projects, and interiors.
We are seeking an experienced Construction Accounting Manager for a large, privately held General Contractor in Hayward, CA.
- Manage GL accounting functions and processes
- Ensure accounting policies and procedures are followed as per US GAAP
- Hire, manage and train accounting staff
- Provides ongoing training and review of processes and procedures
- Hold responsibility for AP, AR, cash disbursements, credits and collections, billing, perpetual inventory integrity, and fixed asset records
- Manage the monthly financial reporting including Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Budget Vs. Actual, and variance analysis
- Review cost accounts for accurate coding and confirm costs billed in same month
- Fixed Asset Management and monthly reconciliation of intercompany transactions.
- Compile monthly sales tax report and payment to FTB.
- Work with the Controller and auditors to ensure a timely year-end audit
- Maintain internal controls and processes
- Maintain accounting filing in the SAGE 300 system
Required Skills & Experience:
- 7+ years of accounting experience within the construction industry
- Excellent understanding of the US GAAP required
- Advanced computer literacy with MS Excel and project accounting software such as Sage 300, or Timberline
- Experience with Viewpoint is preferred
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and set priorities
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain positive attitude and high energy
- Strong leadership, and project management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- CPA certification required