Roles and Responsibility:
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal id numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, and resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding memos.
- Issues stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by scanning and filing documents.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry and verifying documentation.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Front Desk duties such as distributing mail and answering incoming calls
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
Requirements: 3 or more years’ experience in accounts payable
Preferred Background: Work experience in construction company with job cost accounting
Experience with Viewpoint by Vista or similar construction accounting software Completed some accounting courses
Benefits as follows:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life (out of pocket calculated per selected plan, WLHS pays 75% of premium,
- Employee 25%) eligible after 60 days.
- 401K – 50% match to 4% of salary – 3% safe harbor by company
- Profit Sharing as determined by the profitability of the company
- 10 Days of vacation and 6 days of sick time per year.
- 8 to 10 paid observed holidays per calendar year