Our client, a large and fast growing consumer products company, is looking for an Assistant Controller that can provide guidance to the operational accounting team, as well as produce accurate financial reporting. The ideal candidate will need to be independent while working in a well-supported collaborative environment. The ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment is a must.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Working with the Controller to oversee the development and implementation of company-wide accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls. Prepare monthly financial statements in accordance with US GAAP.
- Manage monthly close processes, include billing, accounts payable, general ledger, fixed assets, account reconciliations, major accrual and estimation processes, and financial analytics.
- Ensure that established policies, procedures, workflows, controls and other key items are appropriately documented, and that accounting staff is appropriately trained and cross-trained.
- Oversee assigned accounting staff; including mentoring, leadership development, and coaching to ensure the achievement of performance objectives and goals.
- Partner with the business unit operational teams on strategic initiatives to ensure timely actionable financial information.
- Work closely with internal and external auditors in support of operational, financial, compliance, risk and/or client audits.
- Assist on special projects and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 6+ years’ experience
- CPA preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and standard accounting systems, practices, and procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to present professionally to all levels of operational and executive leadership
- Strong attention to detail, and process, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Prior supervisory experience with ability to manage, train, and evaluate accounting staff
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills