Top management consulting firm whose accounting advisory practice who is quickly growing, is seeking talented leadership to join there San Francisco office. It’s an exciting opportunity to make an impact not only with clients but within the firm. They emphasize personal development through hands-on coaching, mentoring, and training.
Financial Reporting– Keeping up with increasingly complex compliance and regulatory requirements – the need to ensure that organizations are agile enough to respond to more complex accounting guidance (FASB, IASB, AICPA, SEC), financial reporting standards, and stringent external audit requirements
Operational Accounting– Driving continuous improvement across all aspects of operational accounting, including monthly close, budgeting and financial analysis
Accounting Standard Implementation– Staying ahead of accounting standards change, including researching, documenting, and operationalizing complex accounting change
Transactions– Reducing the challenges and risks associated with complex transactions
- Provide guidance on all areas involving finance/accounting functions to include: accounting process, operational process improvements, financial reporting preparation, and board and management reporting
- Manage client accounts, projects, and engagements, including: work plans, staffing, deadlines, and budgets throughout all lifecycle phases, to include: strategy, goal-setting, deliverables, and maintaining an integrated project plan
- Create presentations that effectively inform and influence client
- Manage teams and individuals by tracking and directing performance against objectives
- Develop timely resolutions to issues, risks, and project team conflicts
- Act as role model, supervisor, coach, and mentor to Managing Consultants, Senior Consultants and Consultants on projects and within coaching families
- Foster a spirit of collaboration among team members
- Generate new and add-on business opportunities, develop delivery methodologies
- 10+ years of audit or financial reporting/accounting experience in the commercial sector
- In depth knowledge of accounting standards (U.S. GAAP and/or IFRS) and the ability to advise/research complex technical accounting and transaction issues
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in business, finance, economics, accounting or other technical discipline
- Proven leadership, project management, and client service skills
- Experience consulting at “Big Four” or equivalent: Ernst & Young, Deloitte, KPMG, PWC, Navigant, FTI, Accenture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High energy, enthusiasm, and excellent organizational skills.
- Creativity, confidence, and flexibility.
- CPA, CIA, CFA, CA