Reporting to the Director of Finance, you will be responsible for day to day billing and A/R operations. This position is highly visible and requires an individual with the ability to prioritize and plan daily order management and billing activities and to support the finance organization and the billing group’s goals and objectives.
- Prioritization and timely processing of orders, credit memos and internal and external customer requests.
- Review and interpret terms and conditions of software subscription agreements and confirm validity and accuracy of associated billing.
- Prepare and maintain customer records, files, and documents.
- Prepare and generate customer invoices for standard and non-standard contracts using Zuora billing software.
- Receive billing-related customer calls and emails relating to billing and resolve any issues that may arise.
- Assist Sales department with contracts and customer-related questions as needed.
- Perform miscellaneous administrative functions as they relate to A/R (research billing discrepancies, process renewal billing, collections calls, etc).
- Streamline order management and billing processes.
- Assist with the implementation and upgrade of new billing and Order Management applications.
- Produce and analyze monthly billing reports for other members of the Finance and Accounting teams.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years billing experience; a background in a cloud software billing environment preferred.
- Previous experience in a cloud software startup environment, high-growth, fast pace environment.
- Proven track record for solving problems and the ability to identify areas for process improvement.
- Hands-on experience with Zuora and/or Salesforce preferred.
- Working proficiency in Excel (basic knowledge of formulas).
- Strong organizational, and time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills — both written and verbal.
Education & Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting/finance/business management preferred.