Are you motivated by social justice and looking to work at an organization that makes our community a better place to live? Our client, a solid, well-funded non-profit is looking for their next CFO. Position requires a candidate with strong finance and accounting skills to manage the assets of our organization, oversee an operational team, set strategy and work with the Board to move the organization forward and ensure fiduciary requirements are met. The right candidate will have a track record of managing resources and relationships in a way that directs an organization on a path to success. We are also looking for someone who can help us continue to move our goals of diversity and inclusion forward.
The CFO will lead a finance and operational team to execute strategies that support or organizational and resource development goals. This position requires experience with Board interaction and direction, and requires a leader who is strategic and has demonstrated administrative and financial experience.
- Partner with management on all financial planning and analysis related activities and keep key players informed on cash flow, expenses to budget, and revenue projections.
- Manage and actively participate in month-end close cycle including accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, accounts payable, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Manage and improve accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls.
- Oversee finance team and work to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Manage and oversee annual audit and 990 filing.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports.
- Manage annual budget process as well as on-going forecasts.
- Oversee cash flow and investment accounts, and appropriately manage restricted and unrestricted funds.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; CPA preferred
- 8+ years experience w/demonstrated progressive responsibility
- Experience with accounting controls and non-profit experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Excel, database, and strong accounting systems understanding