Firm that specializes in developing multi-family housing is seeking an accounting staff member to join their growing team. Company offers an exciting environment with tremendous potential and flexibility.
- Responsible for construction draw processing, requesting and tracking of lien releases.
- Work closely with borrowers to accomplish the necessary financial draws to complete the construction project while protecting all parties consistent with contractual terms, obligations, and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to obtain all necessary information and documents to create and maintain construction loan files and disbursements.
- Resolve discrepancies between line item construction budget and construction draw request.
- Initiate and process monthly disbursements to contractors.
- Request construction inspections.
- Create and process project completion notices.
- Review incoming documents to ensure their accuracy and completeness and communicate additional documentation or requirements needed. Ensure the data is compliant with policy/regulatory requirements and loan terms
- Facilitate the onboarding of new loans with construction management vendors.
- Utilization of pivot tables in Excel workbook to analyze draw financials
- Utilize Quick Books for preparation of funds disbursement
- Perform other related duties or special ad hoc projects, as assigned.
Skills/Competencies we’re seeking:
- An associates or bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience with construction loan documentation
- Knowledge and experience working with title companies and construction monitoring companies.
- General working knowledge of construction permits, licenses and lien waivers, and the construction loan processes.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills required.
- Proficiency in Excel required.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, patience, diplomacy, and tact.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team, and manage multiple projects in a very fast-paced, performance-oriented environment.
- Flexibility and ability to learn new processes and methods.