Global Upside (GU) is part of the Global Upside Corporation brands, which collectively provide the most comprehensive range of solutions for domestic needs, international expansion, staffing, human resources, accounting, payroll, and HR technology. Global Upside Corporation brands are supporting Clients in over 170+ countries.
If you get excited about helping companies grow globally – you’ll fit right in at Global Upside! We’re looking for a Paralegal who can assume a key role in the process and own international business formation for Global Upside as well as other legal tasks. The position includes a significant amount of communication with internal and external stakeholders and requires strong cross-functional collaboration skills.
Delivering on this includes:
- Drafting, filing and managing various business entity documents for domestic and international corporations, LLCs and partnerships with State agencies.
- Working with clients and in-country providers to incorporate new entities, registrations, opening of bank accounts, and other required administrative tasks
- Responsible for reviewing, tracking, and monitoring legislation that impacts the company’s products and/or processes.
- Updating leadership with timely analysis and summaries of new legislation/regulations affecting the business.
- Assist with paperwork needed by regulatory bodies
- Assist with ethics and compliance programs.
- Creating documents related to new corporate entity formations
- Producing documents related to the development and implementation of corporate policies and templates
- Providing contract support to Corporate Counsel for standard corporate agreements
Some areas of focus:
- New corporate entity formations both domestically and internationally
- Corporate records maintenance
- Corporate governance policies
- Licensing and regulatory compliance
- Global subsidiary entity management
- 5+ years of experience Bachelors required and Paralegal certification a plus
- High level of expertise in managing various projects on a global basis
- Ability to proactively identify issues and independently develop creative solutions both internally and with a diverse array of international clients and partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; comfort and experience with clearly and directly communicating issues and proposed solutions to C-level executives and managers
- Extremely organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities and time-sensitive tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to timely deliver thorough and accurate legal research with a sense of urgency
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite