We are an Executive search firm seeking a Controller for a successful San Jose based Structural Steel Fabrication Company.
The chosen candidate will have a leadership role in financial decision-making, providing strategic financial input to senior management and overseeing accounting processes. The incumbent will play a key role in developing and implementing financial procedures to improve and maintain the financial health of the company.
If you have a financial background in construction and strong project management experience then this might be the right opportunity for you.
- Execute the financial strategy of the company and develop financial well-being of the organization by providing
financial projections and accounting expertise
- Manage financial controls and accounting procedures
- Develop growth plans, work closely with the accounting and finance teams and review bills and variance analysis reports
- Work with the insurance team and manage, review, audit all the GL claims, and year-end reporting
- Work closely with the HR for workers compensations, claim reviews
- Manage the job costing, bidding, contract review, change order negotiations, and asset acquisitions and negotiations
- Oversee the safety committee, maintenance department, investigate accidents, and manage OSHS paperwork
- Work with the team for contract negotiations, grievance issues, pension plans of the UNION workers
- Represent the company in meetings and work closely with the auditors
- Provide advice on how to increase revenue and reduce costs
- Effectively and clearly communicate potential risks in a timely manner
- Propose action plans to ensure that annual financial objectives are attained
- Support the CEO with the preparation of monthly and annual financial plans
- Coordinate and produce all tax documentation as required
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Over 10 years of experience in a senior financial management role
- Extensive understanding of US GAAP and ability to manage FP&A activities
- Strong background in financial planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Experience in construction or metal fabrication industries is required
- Strong background in Project Management
- Advanced systems skills, including proficiency in MS Office and other Financial and reporting ERPs such as –
- NetSuite, MS Dynamics, and Oracle etc.
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Ability to demonstrate strategic results oriented thinking and planning
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) preferred
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CMA or CPA) preferred