Responsible for all accounting functions. The primary focus of the position is accurate, timely and proper reporting of company results, as well as analyzing performance compared to forecasts and budgets. This individual will provide oversight for revenue recognition and for managing the day-to-day treasury functions, which includes daily cash reporting and weekly cash flow forecasts.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Responsible for directing the preparation of month-end financials, and developing weekly, monthly and quarterly forecasts and annual and long-range budgets, ensuring compliance with GAAP while meeting all stated completion deadlines.
- Directs the accounting organization and the activities within General ledger, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable to ensure working capital is optimized through proper management of accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Safeguard the financial standing by monitoring the Company’s results and ensuring they are properly recorded and tracked through monthly account reconciliations.
- Develop a highly disciplined and capable accounting department through development of existing and/or new personnel. Foster a climate of accountability for results through skills enhancement, coaching, performance measurement and feedback.
- Work with outside auditors and tax specialists to ensure the Company receives a ‘clean’ opinion, within the defined timeframe and budget, and that all related tax matters are properly addressed.
- Review current processes to identify & implement process improvements, ensuring appropriate internal controls.
- Direct, implement and execute accounting policies and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- CPA, Big 4 experience preferred
- Technical knowledge and a thorough understanding of accounting practices, particularly as it relates to ensuring compliance with GAAP; financial knowledge and understanding of key financial measures and accounting methods.
- Computer Software
- Computer Games