Our client is reputable, hyper-growth AI driven SaaS Company in San Francisco and seeking a Corporate Controller. The Corporate Controller will lead the transition from an outsourced accounting firm to in-house and hire/build a world class accounting team.
Role & Responsibilities:
Controller will be responsible for building out the accounting function and team, implementing processes and controls to improve operational efficiency, day to day accounting operations & systems, and technical accounting & policies.
We are looking a “hands on” Corporate Controller and strategic thought leader for the accounting function. The ideal candidate has SaaS experience, is highly analytical and thrives in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Direct and oversee the day-to-day Accounting Operations, including Revenue, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Payroll functions
- Oversee the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices
- Perform & research and draft technical accounting memos
- Manage audit(s), statutory business and tax filings and other ad hoc projects as assigned
- Hire and manage a team of 3
- ASC 606 adoption experience preferred
- 6+ years of experience in progressive roles, leading, and building accounting teams
- Experience implementing new processes in a growing company
- Knowledgeable about ERP systems (QuickBooks to NetSuite experience preferred)
- Audit background, preferably in a Big 4 firm and CPA preferred
- Outstanding technical accounting skills.
- Software or SaaS industry experience required