Are you interested in health and wellness and looking for a new position in Santa Cruz?
Our client is looking to bring on a cost accountant to help grow the business and represent a great brand! They are a private company that is rapidly growing, we need someone who can help drive the department and put new controls and reporting into place to take them to the next level.
The Cost Accountant is accountable for the ongoing analysis of process constraints, target costing projects, margin analysis and for tracing costs back to underlying activities.
The Cost Accountant constructs and monitors cost-effective data accumulation systems to provide an appropriate level of costing information to management. This position requires an analytical mindset, critical thinking skills, adaptability with a high aptitude for learning and highly-developed organizational and task management skills. Customer service and communication skills are also of utmost importance to assist various departments and complete required tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, review and maintain controls for data accumulation and reporting systems.
- Coordinate physical inventory counts and cycle counts; Investigate cycle counting variances and resolve issues.
- Review standard and actual costs for inaccuracies.
- Accumulate and apply overhead costs using generally accepted accounting principles.
- Perform cost accumulation tasks in collaboration with target costing group.
- Conduct ongoing process constraint analyses.
- Report on breakeven points by products, work centers and factories.
- Report on margins by product and division.
- Report on periodic variances and their causes, focusing in particular on spending variances.
- Perform activities covering materials and production costs, costs of sales, product development, overhead, etc.
- Analyze and monitors raw material inventory.
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs and prepare periodic reports comparing budget costs to actual production costs, including product margin reporting and analytics.
- Partner with cross functional teams on projects identifying efficiency improvements.
- Partner with Process Engineers to identify capital investments that will help determine actual manufacturing costs.
- Analyze capital budgeting requests.
- Develop and distribute reports updating management with the cost analysis associated with projects.
- Analyze manufacturing data to identify cost improvement opportunities.
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records.
- Produce monthly reports as directed.
- Generate Purchase Price Variance (PPV) reports and analyze findings.
- Analyze costs of raw materials and other supplies and create cost-benefit analyses for changing vendors.
- Conduct inventory reserve analysis on a quarterly basis and generate reports for senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- 3 years’ professional experience in Cost Accounting, Cost Analysis, Accounting or similar function.
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures (GAAP).
- Excellent analytical, organization, prioritization and written communication skills with great attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Accounting certification (CPA, CMA, etc.).
- Prior manufacturing industry and/or GMP experience.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.