The Data Scientist will drive and participate in the design and implementation of algorithms working with the retail and supply chain data. This needs knowledge of statistical modeling, data mining, and machine learning concepts, and includes understanding business requirements, conducting advanced data analysis, designing algorithms, providing algorithm specifications and also the corresponding tweaking/tuning guidelines.
The Data Scientist is responsible for helping on defining and performing advanced analyses against large and varying data sets related to retail sales and operations in support of various Retail Solutions’ customer driven solution creation. The objective of these analyses will be to answer important business questions and should result in input parameters and/or new algorithms to be leveraged in highly-sophisticated analytic applications. This individual will work closely with a team of product manager, R&D, and software engineers to provide the solution.
RSi is growing rapidly, and the work atmosphere is team-oriented and knowledge-intensive: motivated professionals are highly appreciated.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Analyze the various data sets, based on the business goal, find the characteristics of the data and create proper advanced models for them.
- Develop and implement algorithms to solve business problems.
- Tweaking/tuning the model for better accuracy, performance, etc.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Master Degree or higher in Statistics with courses completed on the Machine Learning, Statistics, Prediction algorithms and/or related areas.
- 2+ years of Working experiences on industrial analytical areas especially big data analytics (Statistical Modeling, Machine Learning and Predictive Analysis).
- Knowledge and experiences in the supply chain area is very preferred.
- Having knowledge on the Statistics, Predictive Analysis and Modeling, Machine Learning and/or related areas, and having projected completed on those areas.
- Familiar with R programming, can use R to create analysis programs using linear regression, pattern recognition, machine learning methods.
- Having basic SQL knowledge and skills, can write SQL queries for retrieving the data from the data repository DB.
- Having data visualization and representation skills.
- Experience developing data-driven analytical models of various operations / policies.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
- A team-worker, willing to work with colleagues.