Gava Talent Solutions has a Director position available in San Francisco managing our client’s Risk & Compliance business. You will help to create, develop, and grow the West Coast business. In this role, you will lead your team in helping our clients anticipate, understand, and respond to the ever-changing world of risk management. You will also be accountable for business development, client relationship management, account management, project oversight, recruiting, and other office operations.
- Provide high-quality consulting services by taking personal ownership of delivering technical requirements on client engagements that are fact-driven, solution oriented, and meet our standard for quality.
- Supervise execution teams, providing senior project leadership and managing evolving client management needs for effective risk management
- Lead project teams providing Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance; Internal Audit Outsourcing/Co-sourcing; and Governance, Risk and Compliance services
- Expert knowledge of audit methodologies and developing key internal audit deliverables for our clients, including process flows, work programs, audit reports, and control summaries
- Lead large finance and business transformation initiatives for clients
- Understanding of commonly used International Professional Practices Framework, including COSO and PCAOB.
- Knowledge of The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA’s) code of ethics and compliance requirements
- Support IPO Program Management
- Oversee and manage operational system implementations
- Manage client accounts, projects, and engagements, including work plans, staffing, deadlines, and budgets throughout all lifecycle phases – strategy, goal-setting, deliverables, and maintaining an integrated project plan
- As a leader for the Risk & Compliance practice on the West Coast, including setting the growth strategy in line with the company’s core values and other operational areas:
- Account management: oversee client engagements, maintain strong relationships with senior client personnel, have a solid understanding of clients’ business, and ensure quality of deliverables and satisfaction on engagements.
- Coaching and Development: provide coaching and training opportunities for team members leveraging individual skills and the firm’s people first culture.
- Recruiting and Retention: take an active role in attracting, interviewing, hiring and retaining top talent
- Thought leadership: share expertise in technical domain(s) with team members and clients, including case studies, white papers, learning materials, and other resources
- Serve as a key leader in our Risk & Compliance practice by guiding and directing strategic firm initiatives around regulatory compliance, internal audit, SOX, anti-fraud, technology risk and general risk management.
- Actively purse business development opportunities and market a full range of services to prospective clients including using existing relationships to generate new opportunities
- Support the business development team with client delivery or sector specific expertise
- Foster culture of growth and a business development mindset
- Act as a thought leader in the market
- Willingness to travel domestically up to 35%
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- 15+ years of relevant experience advising publicly traded companies on a wide range of business risk and complex compliance requirements
- Prior experience in professional services (public accounting or advisory firm), preferably at a large, global accounting firm or with a management consulting firm
Desired Experience & Qualifications:
- CIA, CPA, or CISA
- Demonstrated track record of establishing credibility both internally and externally
- Proven leader with the ability to foster an environment of collaboration and excellence
- Passionate about building, developing, motivating, and leading others
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to think from a big picture perspective
- Creativity, confidence, and flexibility
- High energy, enthusiasm, and an entrepreneurial spirit