We are seeking an experienced Medical/Pharmaceutical Capital Equipment Sales Representative for a 20+ MM fast growing microbe control product manufacturer. This role will have target audiences in the medical, pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
This role will be responsible for identifying new sales opportunities, developing relationships with customers and growing accounts in the assigned territory through the promotion and sales of Environmental Control Monitoring Products and services to businesses and distributors. This role will report to the managing director of the division located in Malvern , PA and is a national sales opportunity.
Position Report to CFO
The sales representative is responsible for identifying new sales, developing relationships with customers and growing accounts in the assigned territory through the promotion and sales of Environmental Control Monitoring Products and services to businesses and distributors.
50% Travel requires for this position.
Our Client : designs innovative solutions to address the control of particulate and microbial contamination in pharmaceutical and biotechnology operations worldwide.
- Cultivates new and expanded sales prospects and customer opportunities to achieve sales growth
- Routinely travels to visit new and existing customers and attend relevant trade shows
- Identifies and properly qualifies new business opportunities using available resources
- Provides customer support by responding to customer inquiries and requests
- Partners with current customers to ascertain current needs/requirements and generates additional sales
- Works closely with marketing/business development/manufacturing to recognize and promote sales opportunities
- Conducts market research and identify target individuals and organizations
- Provides technical support to clients, emphasizing long-term relationships
- Promotes and positions key strategic product and service offerings
- Ensures the internal Sales Forecasting Tool is updated with accurate customer and sales information
- Routinely pulls and references system reports to identify additional sales opportunities and enhance the pipeline
- Develops sales activity plans to target sales performance
- Executes timely preparation of all expense reports, call reports, and assigned projects
- Remains up-to-date on new product development, technology, and services offerings
- Keeps management and sales team members informed of all relevant activity
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned by a supervisor
Required Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 7 to 10 years’ experience in sales
- Experience with clean rooms and/or experience in a pharmaceutical environment is desirable
- Strong understanding of regulatory specifications and guidelines concerning Environmental Monitoring, both Nationally and Internationally
- Proficient in the use of MS Office suite, including Microsoft Access and internal sales tools.
- Self-starter; motivated, and must be able to work independently as well as be team-focused and results-driven.
- Strong presentation, organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated sales ability and industry knowledge.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, especially with customers and senior management.
- Ability to work with customer environmental monitoring departments and engineering/facilities departments.
- Familiarity with environmental monitoring systems preferred
- Strategic focus; strong technical skills and ability to present technical concepts; provide customers with hands-on techniques using our products.
Must possess technical knowledge of all marketed products and services as well as satisfactory sales skills to engage in the sale of medical capital equipment, products and services