Headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, Global Upside is a leader in delivering innovative solutions to companies for their finance, accounting, and human resources needs. Founded in 1999, Global Upside today offers the complete range of on-site and off-site outsourced services including temporary and permanent staffing support. Global Upside professionals deliver high quality, timely and responsive service to Clients in over 100 countries worldwide.
Our Clients include start-ups to Fortune 100 companies.
The Human Resources Director will be responsible for delivery of a full range of HR and Benefits services and support for a wide array of industry sectors. This is a Director role that includes the opportunity to consult in all areas of HR. The position will help develop HR solutions for clients and complete special projects, conduct research, organize information and explore opportunities to add value to client delivery projects. You will manage client expectations by communicating project status, issues and resolving concerns.
A key to success is accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to clients.
- Advise on international HR requirements in 100+ countries
- Manage new hire, onboarding, off-boarding and full HR life cycle for clients
- Manage India and US based support team of 50+ human resources and benefits administration personnel
- Maintain compliance with statutory requirements for domestic and international clients
- Coach and counsel clients on hiring best practices, local employment law, statutory requirements, promotions, and terminations
- Work with legal counsel to resolve any local and international labor issues
- Manage complexity for clients operating in multiple countries
- Ensure information is communicated and integrated effectively and the progress is tracked.
- Advise on global mobility projects
- Provide international benefits planning and implementation guidance
- Other duties/projects as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Human Resource/Organization Behavior from an accredited university/college
- Certification by SHRM or HRCI designation (SHRM-CP/SCP, PHR, SPHR, GPHR)
- Minimum 10-15 years’ experience in Senior Director, Senior Consultant or Business partner role
- In-depth knowledge of Human Resources practices and a demonstrated ability to provide solutions in a complex and fast moving environment
- Proven track record of successful experience working across a complex, global organization with clients and other business partners
- Good understanding of global HR practices, strong leadership skills and ability to implement HR best practices.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships across functional areas
- Strong customer focus and results orientation
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
- High integrity and ethical work performance and strong sense of urgency with a positive “can-do” attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project and time management skills, ability to work across all time zones
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of Client employees and management, including
external partners to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results
This role reports to senior management and is full time offering benefits.
Compensation is DOE.