We are currently seeking a Managing Director – CFO based in downtown San Francisco. This position will lead venture capital book of business and will provide a variety of core accounting, finance and strategy related support to a client base composed primarily of venture capital and private equity funds. This position will lead a team consisting of staff through director level support and also support the business development efforts as a subject matter expert.
- This position will have multiple direct reports and lead full-scope administration engagements. In addition to facilitating the below work-scope, the successful candidate should be comfortable in a client facing role, excel in training and developing staff and be well versed in venture capital and private equity accounting matters.
- Full scope venture capital and private equity fund administration
- Accounting/administration of management company and upper-tier entities
- Management and incentive fee calculations
- Monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement responsibility
- Capital calls and distributions
- Source and negotiate third party service provider agreements
- Coordinate preparation of tax returns and annual audit
- Support firmwide process initiatives and accounting systems
- Optimize existing processes for efficiency and durability.
- Work with executives to achieve company objectives and support ad hoc projects as necessary.
- Maintain necessary records and control over fund information flow and activities, including capital calls and distributions.
- Assist in preparation of audit and tax schedules for auditors and outside tax accountants.
- Review and monitor investment documents and processes.
- Bachelor degree’s in accounting or finance required plus CPA and/or MBA preferred
- 8+ years in an accounting or financial related position in venture capital or in fund administration with a heavy focus on venture capital clients, currently functioning as an experienced Controller, Director of Finance or CFO
- Strong knowledge and application of partnership (corporate a plus) accounting skills
- A strong grasp of technical and operational accounting issues in a partnership environment
- Solid understanding of US GAAP; IFRS knowledge helpful
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated experience improving performance or reducing risks by implementing better financial controls
- Strong partnership and investment accounting background
- Experience with managing and training team members
- Demonstrated experience in providing exceptional customer service
- Enjoy solving complex problems
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Strong integrity and sound judgment
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, to manage multiple clients, to establish clear priorities.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Investran or similar enterprise accounting system as well as strong Excel and Word competencies.
- Must have an outstanding attitude, strong work ethic, and be self-motivated and proactive, with the ability to multi-task and balance priorities while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Medical Insurance with Employer Contribution
- HSA and Flexible Spending Programs
- Employer Paid Long-term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance Options
- Employer Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Cell Phone Plan Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Competitive Pay
- Excellent Advancement Opportunities
- Formal On-the-Job Training and Mentoring Program
- Professional Development
- Commission Program
- Recruiting Referral Bonus Program