Our client is a well known Growing Medical Center Development Company. We are seeking a VP – Real Estate Finance candidate to join their team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide forward-looking leadership and proactive management oversight to ensure effective management and execution of financial systems and internal controls.
- Partner with investment partners and team to identify and assess potential new development opportunities.
- Oversee and provide hands-on support for financial operations, cash management, monthly, annual and ad hoc financial reports and analyses, revenue, expense and cashflow projections, payroll and external auditors and tax preparers.
- Lead the annual budgeting process, including determination of projected revenue for the organization, appropriate allocation of revenue and providing guidance to staff on revenue and expense management.
- Direct internal financial statement preparation and liaise with external financial reporting entities to ensure clear and timely completion of appropriate audits and filings, including, but not limited to, regulatory reporting, tax reporting and financial reporting.
- Ensure payroll is executed accurately and on time, managing payroll tax processing and reporting and financial rules surrounding employee benefit plans.
- Manage risk and ensure compliance with relevant corporate policies, relevant laws, regulations and standards through contract review, including directly negotiating contracts where needed and appropriate, securing and maintaining appropriate insurance coverage, conducting regular internal and external financial audits, complying with relevant tax laws and state licensing requirements, and producing timely and accurate financial reports.
- Oversee Finance staff in ensuring that the organization’s information technology needs, including software, hardware and connectivity.
- Work in collaboration with operating team members, partners and executive team by providing timely and accurate analysis of financial data, reports, budgets and trends on a routine basis and is able to speak in non-financial language, can translate and teach financial literacy as required.
- Serve as primary liaison with Finance and Investment Committees and conduct regular update calls and in-person meetings.
- Develop tools and systems to provide key financial information to the CEO, executive team, and department managers – and make actionable recommendations on budget and operational issues that can improve efficiencies and cost-effectiveness.
- As a member of the executive team, participate in cross-departmental meetings, serve as an in-house consultant on financial matters, anticipate potential issues and collaborate with key stakeholders on finding solutions, providing a centralized service approach within Finance to support departmental financial needs.
- Represent externally, as necessary, particularly in financial matters, lease and contract negotiations.
- Manage and develop a diverse, high-performing Finance team using a collaborative and supportive approach – assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, monitor and evaluate results, identify and initiate process improvements and opportunities for cross training.
- Manage property and liability insurance renewals, audits, and claims.
- Maintain/develop new banking relationships.
- Prepare and maintain financial analysis related to present and future developments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance or related field strongly preferred; equivalent experience may be substituted. MBA and/or CPA certification a plus.
- Strategic management experience, including department planning, cross-departmental collaboration and staff management.
- Well-versed in all areas of GAAP.
- Experience with budgeting, cash management, accounts payable and receivable, financial and data management software packages, investment manager oversight, financial analysis and reporting required, and experience providing financial and audit information.
- Experience working in a complex environment, balancing competing demands and priorities, and discerning when to lead or support initiatives to obtain the best results.