Our client is a dynamic, established, and well-known organization serving college athletes in the Western United States in high trajectory growth; this is the perfect opportunity for someone who appreciates being part of a fun, hard-working, and excellent team environment. We seek a rockstar Multi-State Payroll Specialist in a San Francisco Hybrid environment to support our client’s accounting team in full-cycle Payroll operations for up to 200 exempt and nonexempt employees. This role will report to the Controller.
- Assist the day-to-day responsibilities of the corporate and production payroll departments with accuracy and timeliness.
- Support onboarding of corporate and production personnel.
- Instruct employees on ADP time & attendance, and Entertainment Partners digital time-card entry.
- Maintain employee files
- Support the processing of corporate and production payroll and review payroll registers for accuracy for multiple companies.
- Monitor processing steps of remote events from date of event, sign-in sheet submissions, time card creation, edit review and check release.
- Review timesheets for approval and accuracy. Communicate directly with managers and employees in a timely manner.
- Prepare and analyze various payroll reports each pay period to assure accuracy and internal controls.
- Generate manual termination and PTO payout checks as needed.
- Help with federal and multiple state tax filings and payments including withholding taxes, unemployment, Social Security, Medicare, Disability, and other taxes.
- Research and respond to employee pay, tax, and benefit inquiries related to their paycheck.
- Stay current and ensure compliance with all company policies as well as federal, state, and local laws.
- Generate various reports for the HR and Finance departments
- Assist with Workers’ Compensation and 401k audits
- Perform all related duties as assigned by the Senior Manager, Payroll
- Minimum 1 years of payroll processing experience
- ADP experience required, with experience on multi-company, multi-state payrolls.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel and Google Suite (Calendar, Docs, Gmail).
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills, ability to work in a team environment.
- Proven attention to detail and an ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information and issues.
- Excellent customer service, organizational, time management, and prioritization abilities