Our client in San Mateo is the largest, privately held owner of multi-family properties in the San Francisco Bay Area, with more than 500 employees and over 12,000 units in the San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle and Portland metropolitan areas, is looking for a Payroll Specialist to join their growing team!
Weekly Payroll Responsibilities – Prepare or review bi-weekly payroll, payroll funding, etc; Review and/or maintain various reports such as paid time off accruals; wage and salary allocations, missing timesheets, workers compensation, etc.; Responding to payroll related issues and inquiries for all levels of employees and management and outside auditors; Review journal entries and maintain and/or review account reconciliation’s; and other reports as required by management or owners; Oversee all phases of the payroll processing including the accuracy and timely processing (in compliance with strict guidelines and deadlines) of bi-weekly payroll for both corporate and field employees; Prepare written and oral instructions in order to carry out the functions of the Payroll Department responsibilities; Review timesheets, being aware of applicable state and company policy on overtime, Personnel Action Notices (PAN’s), incentive sheets, and housing issues, as necessary, or as discrepancies occur, etc.; Distribute payroll checks bi-weekly to all field employees, as needed.
Payroll Reporting Responsibilities – Prepare, maintain, and distribute various payroll reports including vacation and sick accrual, charge out reports, individual employee payroll files, as needed.
Upholding Standards – Perform additional duties and handle projects as assigned; Achieve regular attendance in conformity with standards; Comply fully with all Real Estate Group rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the Real Estate Group’s facilities; Additional tasks as may be assigned from time to time.
Required Qualifications, Skills, And Experience:
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Associate’s degree in accounting or finance preferred
- Minimum 3 years related experience.
- Certified Payroll Professional is preferred
- Critical thinking skills
- Detail oriented
- Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, residents, and the general public.
- Must possess intermediate computational skills; add, subtract, divide, and multiply. Must have the ability to compute rate, discounts, interest, and commissions. Must be able to prepare and analyze data figures and transcriptions generated by a computer.
- Must be proficient in the use of a spreadsheet (Excel preferred), word processing (Microsoft Word preferred), payroll software (ADP Workforce Now preferred), and data base software (Real Page and SAP preferred).•Ability to focus and maintain attention to performance of tasks and to work and complete assignments on time despite frequent stressful, emergency, critical or unusual interruptions.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or scheduled form.
- Ability to speak, communicate, read, write and understand the primary languages used in the workplace including, but not limited to, English in order to maintain safety in the workplace and serve internal and external customers.