We are looking for a Payroll Specialist to process high-volume, hourly employee semi-monthly payroll cycles.
- Review timecards to ensure accuracy.
- Ensure regular hours worked, overtime worked, and PTO are entered and calculated correctly, and garnishment and withholdings are applied correctly.
- Maintain employee database and ensure employee information is classified correctly.
- Process semi-monthly payroll including medical, dental, life, 401(K), fringe benefits, voluntary and Federal &
- State mandatory deductions.
- Ensure accuracy and meet deadlines.
- Review all quarterly payroll data and ensure it meets the Federal and State deposit and reporting requirements.
- Identify payroll related issues for management to review.
- Recommend process improvements and procedures .
- Answer employee’s payroll-related questions and resolve problems on a timely basis.
- Perform special projects as directed or as situation dictates.
- 4+ yrs. experience performing hands-on full-cycle payroll
- Union payroll experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of different payroll systems such as ADP, PAYCOM, Kronos.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or five years of human resource experience
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced work environment
- Strong Excel skills including experience with Pivot Tables and V Look-Ups.
- Team oriented and willingness to assist team/department to complete goals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to interface with and provide service to employees and clients