Nation’s leading expert in specialty civil construction is seeking a Payroll Specialist for a direct hire position. This position is open due to growth and the location is Hayward, CA.
Our client offers competitive salary, 100% paid health benefits (PPO) for you and ALL dependents, company contributes up to 10% of your salary into retirement plan (no employee contribution required) and career advancement. Opportunity for career advancement due to exceptional year over year growth.
- Gathering information on hours worked for each employee
- Input & process weekly payroll accurately & completely; including input weekly timecards for union & non-union employees
- Run salaried payroll for Exempt employees
- Process business expense reimbursements
- Ensure that employee payroll is in compliance with state and federal laws and that each payroll is processed accurately in a timely manner
- Review payroll reports and time sheets for accuracy before payroll transactions
- Assist in payroll accounting, transactions, reporting, and stop payments
- Calculate the correct time including bonuses, deductions, and overtime
- Updating new and current employee information.
- Processing employee deductions
- Assisting with union reports
- Auditing I-9 records
- Payroll data entry
- BA/BS + 2 years of related experience or AA/AS (US) + 4 years of related experience
- 2+ years payroll experience
- Intermediate MS Excel experience
- Construction industry experience preferred
- Certified payroll experience preferred
- A detailed and organized professional with 2+ years of previous office administration experience
- Qualified candidates must be proficient in accounting software as well as with the following
- Microsoft Office Applications: Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Familiarity with construction industry and unions a plus