Our Client is $1B in revenue industry-leader in construction specializing in technology buildings, complex projects, and interiors.
This role will be responsible for monitoring the accounting for projects, processing invoices from sub-contractors, reviewing variances, and making sure that projects are billed correctly and payments are collected in accordance with US GAAP. This role will also be responsible for A/P, check processing, A/R, tracking sub-contractors and change orders; Job costing; documentation tracking for leins.
- Work with Project Managers regarding change orders, contracts and billing
- Project accounting using the Timberline system
- Maintain project records, including billings, expenses, sub-contracts etc.
- Work with Project Managers to review and approve sub-contractor payments
- Process sub-contractor check payments and post cash receipts
- Post transfer of expenses into and out of project accounts
- Review project variances and submit variance reports
- Compile & report on project profitability to the executive team
- Work closely with Project Managers to process billings and investigate project expenses
- Create AR exception reports and analyze special projects
- Work on month end and project end close activities upon completion
- Work with auditors to provide documentation for successful completion of projects
- Work on adhoc projects with the Controller and the Accounting Manager
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 3+ years of experience as a project accountant for a construction firm
- Excellent understanding of contracts and change order documents
- Experience with SAGE 300 or Timberline
- Advanced level user of MS Excel and project accounting software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Customer oriented aptitude with ability to take initiative
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or accounting