Reputable drilled pier foundation and marine construction in the Mid-Atlantic Region is seeking a Project Manager/Estimator. This is a great opportunity to work for a growing company with 100 years of combined experience in the industry. Company offers full-service design and build of multi-million-dollar foundations.
The selected candidates will be responsible for project management, estimating, contract management, change orders, preparation of subcontracts, project scheduling, quantities, invoicing, resource allocation/coordination, and material pricing & project buyout.
Project management and estimating all types of marine construction, pile driving, shoring, foundations, survey & layout, timber and steel sheet bulkheads, pier construction, shoreline protection & rip rap, outfall pipe installation, and cofferdams.
- Preparation of cost estimates for smaller projects or portions of larger projects
- Review and submit pre-bid questions to owners
- Develop detailed take-offs of contract documents
- Assigns crews, productions, and costs to the work
- Evaluates historical cost data
- Evaluate quotes from suppliers and subcontractors
- Develop preliminary project schedules
- Submittal development assistance
- Subcontract development assistance
- Change orders
- Bachelors’ degree in civil engineering or construction management preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in geotechnical and/or heavy civil construction is required
- Local candidates preferred