Our is a leading provider of retail data science based analytics and a big data management platform which helps top retailers and CGP companies manage their supply chain and marketing initiatives to drive sales results. Using machine learning, streaming analytics and predictive models, we are the go-to cloud based; peta-scale SaaS data management platform in the retail space. Join our growing team as a QA Automation Engineering Manager at our corporate headquarters in San Jose.
This position requires a self-motivated QA automation Manager to build and manage Automation strategy across the organization. We offer:
- The challenge of working with the some of the world’s biggest and most successful companies, including Fortune 500 retailers, manufacturers and advertising agencies
- The excitement of working in a fast-paced team where the demand for the product is well-established.
- The cutting edge technology in a product company with unique access to some of the world’s most exciting Big Data…product-level sales that is collected daily from over 130,000 retail outlets around the world.
- Competitive compensation
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participate in and contribute to the completion of sprints by driving the quality assurance process and product validation, testing both manually and with automation.
- Define test plans, test specifications, test suites, and test cases, as well as utilize automated tools for unit, functional, integration, and performance testing.
- Help educate a test-driven engineering team on QA best practices and tools.
- Programmatically test the product, measure test coverage, develop the best automation, and drive test-ability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality areas.
- Expand testing coverage by enhancing automated test suite capabilities and adding new tests.
- Implement fast and efficient QA cycles by using state of the art technologies to build comprehensive tests
- Adopt tools and advanced test methodologies.
- Function independently and in a team environment to overcome ambiguity and deliver results.
Education & Certification Requirement:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Cs /Engineering
- 7 or more years of heavy automation experience in an Agile environment
- Must include Scripting experience using Java, Python or php (We are a Java shop)
- Good communication or customer facing experience
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Experience analyzing systems and not just being told what to automate but figuring out what can be automated
- Experience in Test framework designing
- Experience supporting test-driven development by creating automated system and integration test.
- API testing Experience
- Web Services / eCommerce experience is a plus
- Experience in developing and writing complex test cases
- Experience creating complete system load testing suites on a web-based or client/server product
- Strong knowledge of QA process and methodologies
- Ability to create clear, concise defect submissions
- Ability to troubleshoot software defects and identify root cause
- Experience with change control and version control software
- Experience with one or more open source test, build, or deploy tools such as: Robot framework, Jenkins, JMeter.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills