Are you looking for a Revenue Manager role? Are you looking to step out of the Big 4 into industry? Or you are a CPA and looking for new opportunity with a public company. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a Revenue team that performs complex work and believes in teaching and mentoring their team members. This is also a good opportunity to work for a state of the art company with fantastic work culture.
We will also consider a Sr. Revenue Analyst for this position who is looking to take a next step in his career.
We are looking for a highly motivated Revenue Manager. to join our client’s Controller’s organization. In this role you will be responsible for a variety of revenue related duties to support a growing business and assist in enhancing processes and procedures in their current systems.
- Review and summarize sales contracts, development agreements, and sales and marketing programs.
Review, summarize and document non-standard terms on contracts for revenue recognition issues and manage any related accounting adjustments.
- Act on behalf of the Deal Team as an integral part of the contract and order drafting process, providing revenue support and recommendations to assist deal closures and ensure clean bookings.
- Work with cross-functional organizations including Order Management to streamline the order-to-cash process and strive to reduce the time required to close Revenue each month.
- Review regular reports such as the Deferred Revenue Analysis, Printer Contract Summary, and other revenue reports.
- Review and approve revenue deferral journal entries to support the month end close. Work with related groups to solve and close open item issues.
- Provide flux analysis for major deferred revenue accounts
- Support external audits and quarterly reviews
- Review and approve VSOE (annually) and BESP (quarterly) analyses as well as all related allocations and deferrals.
- Provide revenue support for all company acquisitions; including contract analysis and determination of deferred revenue opening balances.
- Assist in post-acquisition on-boarding of acquired companies.
- Manage others on the Revenue team.
- Responsible for Sarbanes-Oxley section 404 compliance for revenue related controls.
- Assume a leadership role in adopting the new revenue recognition guidance (ASC 606), including technical review, approach, analysis of data to determine transition accounting, developing new procedures.
- Take the lead in implementing a revenue recognition productivity tool in 2018.
- Participate in company-wide projects that directly or indirectly impact revenue accounting and analysis
- Working knowledge of SAB 104, ASC 605-25, ASC 985-605, and EITF 00-21.
- Excellent written and verbal communication as well as strong presentation skills required.
- Ability to effectively communicate to very different audiences in different functions and geographic locations; ability to discuss issues in a technical manner to the external auditors and in a practical manner to the field.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel required, with SAP experience highly desirable.
- Individual must be highly motivated and able to work with tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Some previous supervisory experience required.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance is required. CPA preferred.
- 7 to 10 years of finance and accounting experience, including at least 4 years of revenue-related experience.