We are looking for a Revenue Manager in San Jose for a SaaS based company. The person will be an integral part of accounting for technical contracts and bundled arrangements in accordance with ASC 606, month end close procedures, partnering with legal, sales and other teams and providing related revenue schedules and ensuring that the Order Management team has appropriate revenue recognition procedures in place.
- Manage core AR and revenue operations including invoicing, cash application, aging analysis, collection activities, revenue reporting and forecasting.
- Supervise 2 revenue accountants.
- Responsible for collection of overdue receivables and reporting to management. Contact delinquent customers via telephone and email and maintain consistent follow up with these accounts
- Create and maintain customer files and related correspondences for contracts.
- Review and revise contract terms and conditions for proper Subscription as a Service (SaaS) revenue recognition in accordance with US GAAP and internal policies.
- Daily updates of revenue recognition in accounting system via monthly recurring revenue (MRR) analysis report and reconciliation to general ledger.
- Create quarterly churn report for management.
- Responsible for month-end, year-end close and audit activities related to A/R. Prepare journal entries, account reconciliations and financial analyses in accordance with GAAP and Company guidelines.
- Investigate reconciling items and discrepancies; contact the appropriate individuals to gather information in order to propose and implement solutions and develop procedures to prevent recurrence.
- Document and record the Company’s Accounts Receivable and Revenue procedures and processes.
- Perform and complete ad hoc projects as needed
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or other relevant fields
- 5+ years corporate accounting experience, ideally in a manufacturing environment.
- Public Accounting experience is highly desired.
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office software, including Excel (Advanced Level), Word, and PowerPoint
- Independently take ownership to manage assigned tasks
- Ability to mine, manipulate and analyze large quantities of data
- Ability to work independently, but also thrive in an environment that fosters open communication and collaboration.
- Knowledge of internal controls, GAAP and SOX.
- Strong financial systems background (SalesForce, Intacct a plus)
- Ability to interact effectively with cross-functional teams, including Sales, Legal, Services and other Finance team members in an independent, professional and productive manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills