We are seeking an Sr. Accountant to join who will be an integral part of our Finance team and own day-to-day general accounting functions. The ideal candidate will have operational accounting experience in a high tech startup and an eagerness to support all aspects of accounting. Strong communication, organizational, analytical and customer service skills are essential. You will be integral to an accounting team, and need to be an enthusiastic and hands-on individual who enjoys a quick-paced startup environment. This role will report to Director of Finance.
What you’ll be doing:
- Revenue / Accounts Receivable – Manage Revenue Recognition Policy / Receive all incoming payments, prepare customer invoices, handle customer inquiries, prepare weekly cash collections report with aged receivables report, assist with collections
- Cash Management – Assist with bank activities, reconcile cash accounts and route checks for signature
- Accounts Payable – Receive all incoming invoices, match invoices to Purchase Orders, route for approvals, enter into accounting system, prepare weekly accounts payable listing, identify vendors for payment, insure timely accurate payment of vendor invoices
- Payroll – Team with payroll to ensure all entries are processed properly and recorded accurately
- Prepare journal entries
- Prepare month-end accruals
- Prepare month-end account reconciliations
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting, CPA is a plus
- 5+ years general accounting experience
- Knowledge of operational accounting processes
- A proactive thinker with a desire to improve the status quo who initiates and implements process improvements
- Must consistently demonstrate accountability and excellent behavioral performance.
- Must be able to meet or exceed deadlines
- Strong ability to prioritize and organize work effectively
- Must be able to collaborate & communicate effectively with internal partners on issues and provide recommendations
- Possess excellent attention to detail; excellent analytical, and reconciliation skills
- Ensuring accuracy, completeness and validity of revenue.
- Work independently is a must
- Experience in NetSuite or similar ERP, SFDC strongly preferred and advanced Excel skills required