This senior financial position provides insights to the financial decision-making process through analysis, financial projections (planning, budgeting and forecasting) and reporting. The position reports directly to the CFO.
Duties & responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the day-to-day management of policies, controls and procedures and escalate issues to CFO
- Manage all external and internal financial reporting including working closely with internal and external partners
- Assist CFO in driving the annual budgeting, mid-range forecast and long-term plan
- Lead the accounting team in developing explanations on actual versus budget departmental spend variances. Provide results to department heads and offer guidance for improvements
- Prepare the standard monthly management reports. Perform detailed monthly variance analysis impacting the P&L on items in the P&L and balance sheet
- Drive the financial impact of the commercialization process, specifically looking at financial implications of new markets, commissions, pricing and costing
- Assist in the monthly financial close process by utilizing the budget to identify areas for accruals, etc.
- Support financial compliance requirements, including internal and external audits (IFRS and statutory, as appropriate)
- Provide analytical support and recommend cost saving alternatives that improve bottom line results.
- 5+ years of accounting, financial analysis, and business systems, preferably in a high-growth manufacturing environment
- Previous experience with financial reporting including advanced understanding of income statement, balance sheet, cash flow, and cost accounting is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or Accounting required, MBA or CPA is desired
- Experience in variance analysis and commentating on Management FP&A reports
- Inventory, cost accounting & IFRS experience highly desirable
- Experience with a fully-integrated ERP system required such as QAD is preferred
- Expert Excel skills is required
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, understanding accounting and providing financial information on a timely basis