Are you considering a transition from public to industry? Our client is an S&P 500 manufacturing company and worldwide leader in their industry and seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst for a direct hire opportunity. Positive work environment, team oriented culture and they offer work/life balance.
This role will primarily be responsible for reporting, analysis, forecasting and budgeting for various teams in the Global Sales & Marketing organization. It will work closely with the Senior Leaders of these teams to complete month-end close; ensuring accruals are in place and that numbers are correct and create any needed forecasts, budgets and long-range plans. In addition, this role will help support reporting, analysis, forecasting, and budgeting responsibilities for Other G&A functions, as needed.
- Establish solid business partnership with various teams in the Global Sales & Marketing (GSM) organization
- Provide support during close, including necessary accruals, project tracking, and submission of department OPEX
- Provide month-end variance reporting, streamline forecast/budget models, process improvement, and provide financial guidance to help with various business decisions
- Build and update quarterly forecasts, annual budget and Long Range Strategic Plans
- Develop and implement ideas for process improvement
- Create standardized reporting packages to effectively communicate relevant information
- Influence the accuracy and effectiveness of the actual reporting and the forecast/budget processes
- Support ad-hoc financial analyses and preparation of presentations to Senior Management for various teams in the GSM organization
- Develop in-depth knowledge of business partners’ areas of focus and critical issues to provide value-add insight and guidance
- Support Other G&A functions
- Solid OPEX reporting skills
- Aptitude for being highly detail oriented and organized
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills/modeling
- Understand Financial budgeting and modeling
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to multi-task in a changing environment
- Expertise in Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint), and Hyperion
- Work well in a team environment
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- 5+ years’ experience in public accounting, FP&A or advisory roles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting is required, MBA or CPA a plus.