Reputable S&P 500 Company located in Pleasanton, CA is looking for a Senior Financial Reporting and Consolidations Analyst who is responsible for assisting in the monthly close, financial reporting and consolidations process under the rules and guidelines as defined by the Securities and Exchange Commission and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Excellent benefits, positive work environment, opportunity for career advancement, and the corporate office is located one block from the Bart station.
Assist with the preparation of external financial reporting. Support the overall design, implementation, controlling and monitoring of the company’s Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) financial information system.
Essential Functions & Accountabilities:
- Preparation, compilation and review of diverse financial reports on a routine basis; ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures, U.S. GAAP, and other regulatory requirements. Review process will include working with the divisions to understand and monitor accounting for unusual or complex accounting transactions.
- Perform financial consolidation process under adhered guidelines, including translation of foreign denominated financial statements.
- Preparation & consolidation of financial statements and reporting of forecasts and budgets
- Consolidation and Prepare Earnings Per Share calculations including dividend and treasury stock reconciliations.
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations, journal entries and intercompany transactions.
- Perform certain balance sheet reconciliations using Blackline – account reconciliation application.
- Assist in the completion of activities related to month-end and quarter-end closings and/or financial statements.
- Prepare trending reports and balance sheet and income statement to ensure financial statements are complete and accurate.
- Prepare variance analysis and performance reports for review and analysis.
- Assist in accounting research and drafting of accounting memos.
- Assist in budgeting and forecasting.
- Prepare and/or assist with various internal management reports such as Departmental Expense analysis, Non-GAAP financial results.
- Support action plans to improve processes, automate and streamline consolidations and corporate/management reporting.
- Provide input in the development and improvement of HFM consolidation software, management reports and analysis.
- Participate in financial close and consolidation process reviews, business process analyses and internal control testing; ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures, SOX and other regulatory requirements with the assigned function(s).
- Provide support to external auditors as required and ensures SOX compliance.
- Assist with various close and reporting process improvements.
- Other Ad Hoc reporting and special projects as needed.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and ability to research
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task in a changing and time-constrained environment
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-starter, resourceful, detail oriented, and strong team player
- Minimum of 4 years of total experience in medium to large global organizations ($500M+ annual revenue), including financial close and accounting, general ledger close, global consolidations, foreign currency translation, audit, financial analysis, technical accounting and financial reporting.
- Must have a strong knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management (HFM).
- Essbase and Oracle EPM suite of product experience would be a distinct advantage
- Big 4 public accounting experience would be an advantage
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting is required for this position.
- CPA is strongly preferred.