Our client, a large and fast growing consumer products company, is looking for a growth minded strong Accountant to join their growing team. The ideal candidate will need to be independent while working in a well-supported collaborative environment. Demonstrated understanding of GAAP and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment is a must.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Prepare or review monthly journal entries of financial performance; participate in month-end and year-end accounting close process
- Prepare various components of the monthly financial statements including balance sheet, income statement and cash flow, comparison to plan/budget and prior actuals when requested.
- Assist on special projects and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting
- CPA a plus, but not required
- 4+ years of General Ledger Accounting experience
- Strong understanding of GAAP, journal entry preparation and financial reporting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Superior analytical and diagnostic skills and ability to break down complex issues and implementing appropriate resolutions
- Excellent communicator