Are you an experienced LabVIEW (By National Instruments) Controls Engineer looking to contribute towards design and development of state-of-the-art Process Design Integration and Control products to support semiconductor based applications. If you answered “YES” then this is “THE” role for you.
We are seeking an experienced LabVIEW Engineer for our client in San Jose to directly contribute towards building a world class semiconductor based Metrology tool. This role offers the ability to work side by side with experienced engineering teams, get access to latest training programs and hone your LabVIEW skills and opportunity for international travel.
- Scope and design software architecture for innovative Electrum Beam Microscope based metrology tool
- Research and prototype algorithms to perform different aspects of the tool control
- Develop calibration and diagnostics methodologies
- Support control software activities on tools, including Software design, implementation, Installation, troubleshooting and testing
- Work with technical requirement specifications to develop and document code
- Mentor other members of the team on implementing components on the designed architecture.
- Manage internal and external engineering resources as needed to progress the project
- Document design, debugging and testing procedures
- Develop machine control software for semiconductor capital equipment including test instrumentation, performing data acquisition and analysis.
- Write all machine control software in LabVIEW
- Write low level control programs for various types of components like DC/RF power supplies, motion control, mass flow controllers, etc., including software simulation ability to improve development/testing without requiring access to an actual process tool
- Write higher level software for running recipes, and develop appropriate GUIs
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 5+ years of software development experience in machine control using National Instruments LabVIEW
- Experience in developing programs to support semiconductor applications
- Ability to write all machine control software in LabVIEW on Windows platform
- Proficiency in developing GUI for time critical applications using LabVIEW
- Analytical abilities in physics domain and experience in writing numerical algorithms
- Strong hands on experience with hardware control software and troubleshooting
- Proficiency Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts
- Experience developing with text based software like C++, C# is a plus
- Scripting experience with Python preferred but not required
- Experience in Agile based (Rapid Release) development environments
- Self-motivated, results oriented individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 10-15% Travel to Taiwan required
- Masters in Science in Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics or Controls Engineering or related technical discipline preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Science in Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics or Controls Engineering