The Senior Staff Accountant will support the Controller in carrying out the responsibilities of the Accounting Department in the areas of invoicing and revenue recognition. The Sr. Revenue Accountant is responsible for interfacing with internal team members and clients to invoice clients, collect and apply payments, recognize revenue, and engage with clients proactively avoid late payments. Other duties will include applying in-bound and out-bound cash payments in the general ledger, and helping the controller with adhoc requests and the monthly close responsibilities. Deep familiarity with NetSuite and the NetSuite Advance Revenue Recognition Module are required. Familiarity with ASC 606 is preferred.
- Build revenue arrangements and revenue plans within NetSuite to ensure accurate and timely billing and revenue recognition.
- Prepare and review multi-currency invoices for clients using inputs from SalesForce.com and NetSuite.
- Accurately recognize earned revenue by on the Company’s revenue recognition policy.
- Proactively engage with clients to ensure accurate billing information is shared to ensure accurate and timely billing and payment.
- Engage with clients constructively to problem-solve late or over-due payments.
- Apply funds received (and paid) to the general ledger.
- Work with NetSuite and other third parties to constantly improve the timeliness and quality of the invoicing process.
- Performs various journal entries, account reconciliations and provides general ledger support as needed to support proper accounting.
- Communicate actively with Operations and Business Development on client state and review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing.
- Maintain and update A/R aging reporting and cash reporting.
- Lead Order-to-Cash cycle (AR) end to end in NetSuite, which includes but not limited to customer billing, collections efforts, cash application, and bank reconciliations
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts
- Perform all other duties as assigned and required.
- Demonstrate efficient and accurate completion of all responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, math or economics
- 4-6 plus years of experience processing multi-currency invoicing in NetSuite
- Knowledge of GAAP (General Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Customer billing and collections experience required
- Revenue recognition knowledge a plus
- Advanced Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience with NetSuite Advance Revenue Recognition Module
- Ability to complete accurate reports by required deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.