Heavy civil general contractor with expertise in large scale infrastructure projects and construction material production is seeking a Senior SEC & Financial Reporting Analyst located in Watsonville, CA.
This position is responsible for preparing and reporting the company’s financial and operating results including the development of financial and operational analyses and metrics needed to help company management in their decision making processes. An understanding of management reporting best practices, a consistent customer service focus and attention to detail in all activities are imperative.
Essential Job Accountabilities:
- Perform monthly variance analysis on balance sheet and income statement accounts to provide insight on company operations.
- Prepare and compile various reports and analyses to assist in the monthly financial review process.
- Prepare management reporting packages, incentive compensation reports and the other field reports as needed.
- Perform ad-hoc project analyses and present findings to assist management in the operations of the company.
- Assist in the design, implementation and maintenance of report writing databases, utilizing best practices.
- Develop new reports to improve the efficiency of the reporting process and thoroughly document processes and procedures used in the development of these reports.
- Create reports used for the company’s quarterly earnings call; provide support to Investor Relations relative to the earnings call and subsequent questions from investors.
- Review financial data used in the company’s press releases to ensure accuracy.
- Provide customer service and support to a wide range of financial report end-users.
- Review data entry methods and analyze report preparation processes to recommend improvements to ensure accuracy of financial data and efficiency of report generation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management.
- CPA or CPA eligible required
- 5+ years of experience in Budget/Finance, Financial Reporting or Accounting.
- Increasingly responsible experience in budgetary analysis and/or complex accounting procedures.
- Familiarity with database applications and related subjects.
- Experience with Query systems
- Experience with Business Intelligence software
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Ability to work with and manage a high level of detailed information
- Ability to research, retrieve and organize data to prepare reports and financial documentation.
- Accurately perform complex mathematical computations.
- Set priorities and organize work to meet strict deadlines.
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Work cooperatively as a team member to accomplish group objectives.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with internal customer base.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with all levels of the company, from entry level employees to executive management.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to document procedures and tasks.
- Advanced computer skills required (Excel, Word, Access, Adobe Professional, JD Edwards; experience with COGNOS and/or SQL a plus).
- Strong understanding of database applications, table relationships, and query joins