The Software Engineer will be responsible for the simulation platform to test and develop the systems used by autonomous aircrafts to perceive their environment. This role will report to the Director of Engineering.
- Setting requirements for the realistic simulation of flight environment, sensor suite, and relevant aspects of the aircraft
- Driving the decision-making process about which parts of our simulation system may be available off the shelf, developed with external partners, or designed and implemented internally
- Deploying the required hardware and software in coordination with our infrastructure team
- Building and automating simulations that test our autonomy software
- Owning the simulation platform as it grows from a proof of concept into a critical element of our autonomous system development
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5 years of experience in relevant field (simulation, autonomy and machine learning)
- Strong knowledge of rendering engines, physics engines, and other common elements of simulation platforms and tools.
- Familiarity with sensors including cameras, radar, GPS, IMU, and LIDAR.
- Experience programming in common languages such as Python and C/C++.
- Proficiency with Linux/Unix systems, scripting and automation.
- Software development experience in a production environment.
- Personal drive and intellectual curiosity to do what hasn’t been done before, coupled with an appreciation for overcoming challenges
- At least two (2) years of professional experience related to physics-based simulations
- Knowledge of workflows for developing deep learning and computer vision algorithms strongly preferred
- Real-world experience with mobile autonomous systems such as robots, cars, and UAVs strongly preferred
- Degree in computer science, electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, physics, robotics, or a related field