POSITION DETAILS & EXPECTATIONS:
- We are pleased to announce an opportunity for a Senior Tax Accountant to join our firm. We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated and driven professional. Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the public accounting/business consulting industry, as well as a comprehensive familiarity of our firm, service offerings, clients and client industries.
- Exhibit understanding of tax procedures and processes to prepare individual, partnership, corporate and fiduciary tax returns, related forms and statements, as well as tax planning projects; understand and apply professional standards and regulatory/legal requirements, including those from the IRS and other governing entities.
- Prepare for and conduct engagement planning and budgeting process, including familiarity with performance expectations, such as chargeable hours and realization.
- Evaluate and reconcile client information and data; perform and summarize research issues and topics, utilizing software applications, internet and print subscriptions.
- Prepare, organize and review assignments and engagements for approval by a Manager/Partner; alert Manager/Partner regarding potential technical issues, risks or other engagement concerns; resolve any outstanding errors and review notes thoroughly and
- Demonstrate mathematical aptitude, accuracy and basic accounting and tax theories necessary to complete a wide and diverse range of assignments and tasks related to traditional public accounting engagements; expand understanding of various accounting
methods, audit procedures and processes, and awareness of peer review requirements.
- Utilize and expand functionality of software applications specific to accounting and tax engagements, as well as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and other technical resources.
- You must demonstrate maturity and excellent interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively and maintain a productive rapport with peers, our management team and clients.
- Additionally, we may expect your participation in business development initiatives, such as involvement with local and professional organizations, and other networking activities.
- This position requires a reliable and versatile approach to your work, in order to assist with other tasks on an as‐needed basis in a fast paced and diversified office environment.
Our client works with high net worth individuals and businesses across a number of diverse industries, including construction, distribution, healthcare, manufacturing, non‐profit, professional services, real estate, and technology. Our services include auditing and accounting, tax planning and compliance, business consulting, and wealth management.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
We require the following education and experience relevant to this position:
- Current or recent public accounting experience (2+ years) with a small to mid‐size or
regional firm preferred
- Master’s degree and/or CPA license
- BS/BA in Business, Accounting, Taxation or related discipline
WHY WORK HERE:
Our compensation and benefits package is among the most competitive in the industry – and our convenient location includes free onsite parking and fitness center access. We boast exceptional retention and a wonderful culture. Apply to join our team today!