We are seeking a Sr Accounting Manager for a Pre-IPO medical device company who are focused on developing life-changing technologies that improve the lives of patients. This person is someone who is excited about working for a Pre-IPO company; has a background in technical accounting (including 10K, 10Q, and SEC Reporting); has experience building out sound processes and systems implementation, and is open to owning the entire accounting function. Global experience a huge plus! This is an excellent opportunity to assist the Controller in helping to shape the Finance function of a company and be part of an emerging public company while growing your own career.
Responsible for the monthly close process, all aspects of accounting operations, setting internal Accounting policies, and driving process and system changes to help scale for future growth.
- Responsible for all aspects of accounting operations, including general ledger, procurement, accounts payable, cash, fixed assets, inter-company and financial reporting
- Coordinate with external auditors to ensure timely completion of audit requests, and aid in the research and analysis of audit issues raised
- Lead month-end close process, management reporting, including preparation of all financial statements.
- Work closely with leaders in the business on identifying business drivers, monthly accruals, including for clinical trials, and expense management
- Review payment requests and authorize bank payment transactions
- Establish, maintain and ensure compliance with all Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”) documentation and requirements
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP
- Establish corporate accounting policies and procedures
- Special projects and other tasks as assigned
- SEC reporting (10K, 10Q’s, 8K’s, Proxy and other filings as required in the future)
- For Senior Accounting Manager role-ability to control and organize the S-1; 10K, 10 Q skeleton and all related tie-outs.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- BA/BS/MS in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- Public Accounting Experience in an international firm
- 7-10+ years of accounting and finance experience
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects with competing priorities and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and project management skills
- Strong attention to detail, decision-making, problem-solving, time management, and organizational skills
- Self-starter with ability to deal with ambiguity in start-up model
- Life science / biotech experience a plus
- Ability to perform consolidation and prepare financial statements
- Experience in working with international entities and foreign accounting staff both inside and outside the company.
- Systems-savvy (Excel, Word, Power Point and ERPs); QAD experience a plus
- Experience implementing ERP and other financial systems (Concur, ADP, etc…)
- Ability to manage, understand and provide analysis on high volumes of data
- For Senior Accounting Manager role-thorough knowledge of SEC filing requirements. Ability to execute and/or oversee XBRL function. Workiva experience a plus.