Our client is an S&P 500 manufacturing company and worldwide leader in their industry and seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst for a direct hire opportunity. Positive work environment, team oriented culture and they offer work/life balance.
Responsible for budgeting, forecasting, reporting and financial analysis for the global HR, Finance and various OGA functions. Works very closely with Finance and senior management in these areas to complete month-end close, develop department level annual plans and update subsequent forecasts while striving to meet the strategic objectives of the business.
They will strategically partner with business leaders and assist in evaluating global operational spend, support the planning/forecast process and make recommendations to improve operating efficiencies. Must excel in creating strong business partnerships, possess strong analytical skills and be able to seamlessly multitask and maintain a focus on details without losing sight of the big picture.
- Establish solid business partnership with various teams in HR, Finance and OGA (Legal, CEO Office, Facilities and Other G&A) across multiple regions
- Build out comprehensive worldwide reporting and analytics for Global HR, Global Finance and Global Legal
- Provide support during close, month-end variance reporting by analysing and synthesizing plans and results including necessary accruals, expense tracking, and submission of department OPEX
- Build and update quarterly High Level forecast, quarterly system forecasts and annual budget
- Consult with business leaders to drive and influence strategic decision-making by providing financial guidance
- Proactively develop ideas for process improvements, make recommendations, drive and implement efficiencies that have positive impact on the business and company
- Influence the accuracy and effectiveness of the actual reporting and the forecast/budget processes
- Provide support with ad-hoc financial analysis, reporting and preparation of presentations to Senior Management
- Develop in-depth knowledge of business partners’ areas of focus and critical issues to provide value-add insight and guidance
- Solid OPEX reporting skills
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills with high intellectual curiosity and ability to independently research, analyze and interpret data
- Have full understanding of financial budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis and financial modeling
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and ability to build long lasting business partnerships
- Passion for business process improvements, automation and innovation
- Proactive self-starter, able to multi-task in a changing environment
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint), and Hyperion, Excel VBA knowledge a plus. Familiarity with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Business Intelligence systems
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Familiarity with product and/or business valuation modeling a plus
- 3+ years’ experience in FP&A role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting is required, MBA a plus.