Company is a global leader in precision medicine. Our mission is to enable a personalized approach to better health and disease management through genomics. Combining traditional scientific methods with artificial intelligence, Company is able to develop accurate and more timely diagnostic and therapeutic solutions for modern healthcare practices.
We are a maturing biotech start-up with upcoming plans for an initial public offering (IPO), and this is an opportunity to join the firm and help shape its future.
We are seeking an Engineering leader who is passionate about marrying data with emerging technologies (Al, ML, Micro services etc.) to join our team. You’ll be at the forefront of driving a major digital company’s digital transformation, which will entail engineering “innovation engine” to enable our next-generation, genetic sequencing applications and platforms; develop technology breakthroughs; and accelerate our growth strategy.
- Lead the creation of a big data platform supporting analytical solutions that leverage cloud data store technologies, operating at petabyte scale.
- Lead development of data infrastructure and framework for processing large scale data volume.
- Build, lead, and mentor a team of Infrastructure/Data/DevOps engineers in a fast-moving and growing organization.
- Leverage the latest technologies and automation patterns for infrastructure deployment and platform operations.
- Collaborate with Product Management, R&D, Engineering, ML/AI teams to develop platform features and
- APIs to support use cases spanning genetic analytics and research.
- Identify and address functionality, stability, and scalability design decisions across the platform stack.
- Develop and track key metrics for quality and team performance, drive improvement.
- Drive day to day execution using agile scrum development process to maintain a consistent sprint velocity.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in developing and launching large-scale data infrastructure production systems.
- Experienced engineering manager with 3+ years of experience managing and growing a team of engineers.
- Proven track record of architecting large-scale AWS data infrastructure systems using technologies such as
- NoSQL DB, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes, Hadoop, Spark, SageMaker, Redshift, Athena, Glue, CloudWatch, Cloud
- Formation, Terraform, SQS, and similar.
- Strong sense of ownership, effective at driving projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively to different audiences – Engineers, Partner teams, Stakeholders, Executive Management.
- Experience with using Agile software development methodologies.
- This job operates in a professional office environment and a clinical lab environment.