$1B hardware/software company listed on the NASDAQ with offices in 40 countries. They are looking for a Sr. Manager, Technical Accounting to join the global accounting team in Fremont, CA.
- The Sr.Manager will provide Technical Accounting expertise, position papers, technical research, and memos for the organization.
- Provide guidance on technical accounting and revenue issues with regards to mergers and acquisitions accounting strategies.
- Assist with the SEC reporting process including drafting portions of Forms 10-Q and 10-K, preparing supporting schedules, checking XBRL requirements and the edgarization work.
- Build strong partnerships with General Accounting, FP&A, Tax, Treasury, Sales Operations, Product Business Units, Legal, IS&T and Internal Audit.
- Assist with the development of financial policies in response to operational changes, internal control requirements, or technical accounting requirements.
- Ensure and document compliance with internal policies, SOX controls, and regulations relating to US GAAP and SEC requirements.
Education & Experience:
- Proven ability to think strategically and plan effectively: be “hands on”, detail and results oriented, and manage multiple tasks against tight deadlines.
- Broad experience and knowledge of US GAAP with technical accounting experience related to accounting requirements and regulations.
- Experience in technical accounting and writing position papers.
- Some experience with public company filings process, SEC document writing, and XBRL tagging process.
- Ability to quickly synthesize data and provide recommendations. Perform well under pressure.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to work in a fast paced, complex and dynamic environment.
- Ability to assess process requirements, and develop, implement, and maintain new processes.
- Quick learner with desire to continue to learn and grow knowledge base.
- Ability to work across multiple geographies and cultures.
- 4+ years of professional accounting experience including public accounting experience. Industry experience also desirable. Experience with a global environment with varied financial reporting, accounting and business management practices desirable.
- Confident, self-starter who is comfortable with a mix of thoughtful strategy work and everyday details.
- High level of Excel and Word skills required, knowledge of SAP is desirable.
- Some travel may be required.
- BA/BS in Accounting, MBA is preferred.
- CPA required