Our client is an established charter school with multiple entities located in San Jose, with a dynamic & highly collaborative team environment in a Hybrid work environment. We seek a motivated & driven Staff Accountant with GL Accounting, payroll operations & accounts payable, to support the day to day GL accounting functions. This is a Hybrid ( 2- 3 days in office) role, reports to the Accounting Manager.
- Full cycle GAAP staff accountant to support GL accounting, Payroll and Accounts Payable day to day functions
- The Staff Accountant will be responsible for full cycle AP operations, Process A/P via check batches, ACH and vendor portals
- Full-cycle GAAP Biweekly payroll processing for 250 (hourly & salaried ) employees, reconciliation, including retirement systems, and human resource-related functions
- Responsible for payroll operations, PTO, sick, compensation, LOA, onboarding, offboarding, support journal entries Generate and submit payroll reports,
- Issues payroll paychecks as needed using the company-prescribed payment method
- Responsible for support of general ledger accounting operations, journal entries and month-end duties, including maintaining chart of Account and other Accounting reports
- Solid reconciliation, ability to reconcile all bank and credit card accounts with bank and credit card statements
- Support Annual Fiscal Audits, support the tasks as needed for the audit, being accountable to timely execution of deliverables
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelors in Accounting, Business Administration or similar
- 3 years of GAAP Accounting experience and payroll operations
- Experience with NetSuite, Expensify, and intermediate skills with Excel, and Ceridian payroll system and reporting.
- Ability to work independently and within remote teams on video meeting platforms
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with the ability to handle and prioritize a heavy workload effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a good command of the English language.
- Strong attention to detail, meeting deadlines, problem solver, thinks outside the box, is adaptive, flexible, and able to meet tight deadlines
- Position requires the use of discretion with confidential information.