We are looking for a strong staff or senior level Tax Accountant with State and Local tax experience within a corporate and/or partnership structure. Company hopes to have person on board before the end of the year. Excellent opportunity for someone to transition to industry and work within a Tax Department with room for growth. Advancement is not based on number of years in position.
- Assist with the annual tax preparation of partnerships for multiple different locations
- Analyze state filing requirements and review federal and state tax returns
- Coordinate tax payments and assist in the preparation of quarterly estimated tax and tax withholding calculations
- Reviewing joint-venture, partnership and corporate tax returns and assist with other tax calculations as requested
- Research tax notices from federal/state agencies and perform other tax research and prepare written correspondence as needed
- Assist with the gathering of information necessary for audits
- Managing information requests.
- Other duties as assigned including administrative duties related to the job
- 2-3 years of experience preparing corporate, partnership
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Master’s in Taxation preferred
- CPA a preferred
- Experience within a top accounting firm a plus
- Experience with mid to large tier Accounting system
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required.