Heavy civil general contractor – Public co. with expertise in large scale infrastructure projects and construction material production is seeking a Tax Manager reporting to Director of Tax located in Watsonville, CA.
This position will report to ‘Director of Tax’ and responsible for managing a specific area of tax including monitoring tax laws and keeping current on new and or proposed tax laws to ensure the company’s tax benefits are maximized.
- Responsible for preparation of tax returns or other tax documents necessary in specific
- Experience with Sales and Property Tax required
- Experience in managing Tax teams required
- technical tax area to maximize tax benefits for the company.
- Supervise and mentor staff including; hiring, firing and performance evaluation to ensure staff
- development and department efficiency.
- Manage tax audits in area of expertise to minimize audit assessment and future audit exposure.
- Manage process improvements plans to ensure full advantage is taken of all resources.
- Manage special projects including researching new and or proposed tax laws to ensure
- department practices are up to date.
- Develop business relationships both internal and external of the company to ensure tax
- department alignment with the company’s business strategy.
- Responsible for completion of all work flow in area of expertise to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Responsible for determining overtime requirements for their staff.
Education & Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA or MST preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in related field.
- Expert in specific technical tax area.
- Prior supervisory experience required.
- Ability to perform tax research and develop planning concepts.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Presentation skills (Ability to teach area of expertise).
- Advanced computer spreadsheet skills.