Our client is adopting the new leasing standards and implementing a leasing software called IBM Tiririja. This position reports to the Director of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting.
6 month project and will manage the adoption of the new leasing standards and ensure compliance with The FASB’s lease accounting standard change, ASU 2016-02, Leases (Topic 842)
The FASB’s lease accounting standard change, ASU 2016-02, Leases (Topic 842), presents dramatic changes to the balance sheets of lessees. Among many of the changes, lessor accounting is updated to align with certain changes in the lessee model and the new revenue recognition standard.
Our consultant will partner with the onsite IBM Tiririja implementation team on the set up of new lease tracking software and leasing standards adoption.
We can consider Technical Accountant and Manager level candidates and they MUST have recent experience with adoption of the new leasing standards for mid-size to large SEC companies with international entities.
This position will play an integral role within the Corporate Accounting team primarily to support the Company’s implementation and execution of the new lease accounting standard (ASC 842). Working with individuals from Accounting, IT, and consultants, this position will assist with the system implementation, analysis, reporting and reconciliations required to enable the system to go live by November 2019.
- Assist lease implementation (ASC 842) project
- Extract Lease details, review and validate for data migration into IBM Tririga
- Review lease data within lease accounting software for accuracy and completeness
- Partner with technical accounting team
- Partner with implementation consultants
- Establish standard operating procedure upon new lease, lease renewal, monthly journal entries, reconciliations and reporting and disclosure.
- Submit timely progress report.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self-starters who are results oriented, resourceful, organized, analytical
- Demonstrate strong ability to adapt to change, learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate skill in the use of Excel
- Ability to analyze and solve problems independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Well organized with attention to detail and ability to carry out tasks independently.
- ASC 842 Lease implementation experience required
- IBM Tririga experience required
- Project Management Experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting