We are looking for a Technical Accounting Manager for a fast paced / scaling tech/fintech start-up company in Utah. This position would work directly with the Controller and VP of Accounting and own the audit, technical reporting, and SEC filing processes. Experience with IPO processes is required. This role will also help with the analytical/strategic side of the business including budgeting and forecasting.
- Report directly to the Controller and manage various technical accounting projects.
- Review and analyze contracts including, but not limited to, equity and debt.
- Review technical accounting issues and prepare monthly account reconciliations.
- Assist with audit research
- Analyze processes and set standards consistent with SEC reporting standards.
- Complete month-end financial reporting
- Additional projects and reporting as needed
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of public accounting experience
- Minimum of 3 years of industry experience at a public company
- Experience with equity transactions
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficiency in Excel
- Strong communication, time management, and analytical skills required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA license