Culture shock is a real issue when hiring internationally. Many companies are finding themselves expanding their employee pool by hiring international employees. Sometimes that happens all at once such as in a merger or acquisition, and other times, it’s a slower ongoing process for fast growing companies to look for and hire skilled employees around the world, one country at a time.
In this podcast we are going to talk about company culture, culture shock, and how it impacts employee loyalty for international employees.
Our President Bill Armstrong, partners with Globig. Some topics we discuss are listed.
- How might companies prepare for the local culture when expanding abroad?
- What are some examples of how culture is very different from country to country, and its impact on how business is done?
- What are some signs to recognize culture shock, especially signs that might lead to trouble in the future?
- How can you help a foreign employee, be they expat or international hire, through culture shock?
- What can companies do to prepare expats and their families for an international assignment so they don’t fail?
- Are there certain personality characteristics that make someone a good candidate for an international assignment?
- How does culture and culture shock impact employee loyalty?